There are so many wonderful non-profits serving our Coastside community, and today (May 3rd, 2016) we have a special opportunity to help them raise funds to support the great programs they provide.
Silicon Valley Gives is an 24-hour online effort that raises millions of dollars for thousands of non-profits in the San Francisco Bay Area. Many of these organizations (marked with a 2x in the list below) have qualified for matching grants, which means that for every dollar we give, the organization will receive matching funds to double the value of your donation. We hope you'll join us in supporting some of our worthy local causes.
Below are 22 Coastside-based charities that we've compiled from the SVGives website, along with brief descriptions of each. Click on any name (as many as you like!) to go directly to their Silicon Valley Gives donation page and show your support. Together, we can make this a terrific year for our local non-profits!
- Coastside Adult Day Health Center (2x) - Providing care for Coastside seniors and the disabled with compassion and dignity since 1982.
- Coastside Hope (2x) - Our mission is to offer basic life necessities with dignity and hope to all mid-coast residents.
- Boys and Girls Club of the Coastside (2x) - Enabling all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
- Puente de la Costa Sur (2x) - Working to improve quality of life for all South Coast residents and to help ensure that the children of farm workers become first in their families to graduate high school and go to college.
- American Board for Child Diabetics (2x) - Provides life changing diabetic supplies and enriched life experiences to families lacking adequate financial resources.
- Sonrisas Community Dental Center (2x) - Sonrisas provides dental health care to those who cannot afford it – and often cannot access it.
- Abundant Grace Coastside Worker Inc (2x)- Operates the only Hospitality House on the Coastside, helping homeless families get back on their feet.
- Coastside State Parks Association (2x) - CSPA supports 15 parks & beaches on San Mateo County's coast as the official nonprofit partner.
- Friends of HMB Parks and Recreation (2x) - Funds worthy parks projects and recreational endeavors in the Half Moon Bay community.
- Cabrillo Education Foundation - Literacy, College and Career Readiness and College Access and Affordability
- Coastside Children's Programs - Quality early learning for families of ALL socio-economic backgrounds on the rural San Mateo County Coastside.
- Coastside Land Trust - Coastside Land Trust acquires & permanently protects coastal lands in Half Moon Bay & beyond as open space for everyone to enjoy...forever.
- Coastside Child Development Center - CCDC is the only early care and education of at risk children from birth to age 5 on the coast. They serve at risk and low income families.
- Institute for the Study of Knowledge Management in Education - Supports innovative teaching and learning practices throughout the globe.
- Big Wave Group - Independent life for individuals with developmental disabilities with affordable housing, meaningful employment and a supportive community
- Senior Coastsiders - Serving disabled and senior coastal residents.
- San Mateo County Resource Conservation District - For people, nature, and agriculture since 1939.
- Coastal Repertory Theatre - Brings the joy of live theatre to Half Moon Bay through high quality performances and a comprehensive children's program.
- Friends of the Half Moon Bay Library - Supports our local library by enhancing programs for adults, teens and children of all ages and backgrounds in our community.
- Table of Plenty - A weekly supper for struggling families, seniors, and homeless and hungry in Half Moon Bay.
- Elkus Ranch Environmental Education Center - Provides unique experiential learning for more than 9,000 Bay Area youth each year at a 126 acre working ranch.
- Wildlife Associates - Founded 36 years ago to meet the educational needs of children in the San Francisco Bay Area and to bring high quality science education to schools.